Do you know that God calls each of us to a tailor-made purpose? Do you know that He calls you to do good works for which He prepared for you long ago? Not only did God call you, He also equipped each individual with gifts, talents, and strengths, and ensures that everyone who desires can discover and live out their purpose.
Ephesians 2: 10 states…
For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]—Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)
Here are 5 Tips for Discovering God’s Tailor-Made Plan and Purpose For Your Life
- Cultivate a Relationship– First things first; If you are serious about discovering God’s unique plan and purpose for your life, you must develop and cultivate a relationship with Him. God’s ultimate purpose for use is fellowship with Him through the life of Jesus. He desire that we grow to know Him, learn to trust in Him, commit to growing and transforming by reading and hearing His Word. Also we are all called to the service of others, but not all are called to preach or teach in the church setting, but each is called to share the gospel message through words and conduct in your own unique way.
- Listen The Wisdom of His Spirit Within You – The role of the Holy Spirit within you is to lead, guide, and empower you, so you can succeed in fulfilling Gods plan and purpose for your life. John 10:27 states– “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.” The Spirit within gives you a Holy desire to follow God wholeheartely, and the courage to move forward towards fulfilling God’s tailor made plan and purpose for your life.
- Pay attention to your spiritual gifts, specific talents, and strengths– God has given each of us unique gifts and strenths. Are you a teacher at heart? Do you find that you are a great organizer? Maybe you are good with math, playing the piano, or always find yourself taking lead on projects. Maybe one of your strenghts are spirituality, love of learning, bravery, or have you may have an appreciation of beauty. What spiritual gifts has God given you? Are you an encouragee. Do you have the gift of faith? The heart of a sheppard, or the skills of a craftsman?
- Identify Your Passions- What are your passionate about. Please don’t downplay you passions . It can be anything. I am passionate about reading inspirational and self-help book. I enjoy listening to stories about people who had a desire in their heart and somehow found the courage to pursue their hearts desires. One of my dearest passions is helping people succeed in life. I find myself quickly jumping on board to assist and encourge others to make positive changes in their lives. That’s why I believe writing to encourage others is part of God’s purpose for my life. What about you what are you passionate about?
- Be Mindful of Your Hearts Whispers- I don’t know about you, but my heart whispers to me all the time. Do this; dont do that; you know you can overcome this. My heart’s whispers are one of the major decision makers in my life. I once shared a story of a litte girl who was shopping for shoes one Easter. We went from store to store with her and her mom, but the little girl did not like any of the shoes. There was one pair that we all felt would be a great match with her Easter dress, however she shook her head and said no to the shoes. When we ask her why, her response was, ” they don’t make my heart happy.” From the mouth of babes. What a great lesson. Pay attention to what your heart is speaking and what will make you heart happy. When your heart is happy it’s a good sign you are in purpose.
I hope that these tips will get you closer to discovering God’s tailor-made purpose for your life.
Mindful Living Tip- Consistent Prayer. When you pray, thank God for His tailor-made plan and purpose for your life. Pray that He grants you the ability to hear His voice and the courage to follow Him wholeheartedly,